It’s Which Word Wednesday. Most weeks we’ll be offering up a training video addressing a specific set of often-confused words. Today, let’s take a pop quiz on the lessons covered so far.
In each of the sentences below, which word would you use?
1. Notorious or famous: Mark was a _______ philanthropist.
2. Eager or anxious: Sarah was _____ for the results of her exam. She knew she should have studied more.
3. Compliment or complement: The wine was the perfect ______ to the meal.
4. Ensure or insure: Are we doing everything in our ability to _____ the best outcomes for our patients?
5. Allude or elude: I’ve never seen a politician more adept at ______ a journalist’s questions.